....I'm just...here. Not up, not down...just being. I had a few rough spots this morning with my emotions getting the best of me. I can close my eyes and clearly see myself walking--or trying to walk--on a ledge of slippery, dark, jagged rocks--with my foot being injured. It is very difficult and it hurts. But Jesus is right there with me, guiding me along. I can see the beautiful green meadow down below that I soooo want to get to. But He tells me I first need to learn how to navigate the rocks--and the only way to do that is by putting my trust completely in Him.
GRATITUDE FOR TODAY:
1) I KNOW, without a doubt, that God is guiding me through this.
2) I am growing, bit by bit, each day.
3) The wonderful, encouraging comments I've received here from friends--both old and new.
4) My boy was soooo eager for church tonight.
5) My boy is actually seriously talking about finding a job....at 15!
This was from More Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie, the other day and it fits with where I have been at the past week or so:
"Maybe it's the experience, not the outcome that is the prize. If you're feeling a loss of strength or confidence, let go of the desperate need for a positive outcome in your life. Realize that this, too, will pass. Gain your strength from knowing that whether an event is good or bad, we're enriched by our experiences. Only we can choose to learn from them or allow resentment and foolish expectations to destroy their value."
Hello out there
1 year ago