I've been thinking alot about labels in the last day or so. I realized that I need to stop making my identity all about the labels I apply to myself. Yes, I am a sober addict/alcoholic, an abuse survivor. Yes these experiences are a part of me. But I don't want them to be what I'm all about. I want to stop being the VICTIM that I always portray myself to be. I am strong and brave, and dangit, I'm tired of acting like a whiny little baby. I am going to step out of the protective shell of these labels and let God show me who I really am.
GRATITUDE FOR TODAY:
1) I feel strong, I feel tenacious, I feel done with all the self-pity
2) this will be the last quiet weekend for me for awhile, I'm going to enjoy it
3) My girl and I are having a girl's night in and watching movies tonight
4) we will do this while my boy is at church (again!)
5) I have an awesome job and an awesome boss!!
Hello out there
1 year ago